Planning Underway for
Sunday, May 21st - Thursday May 25th
The annual SNUG conference offers unique educational and networking opportunities. Learn new tools and techniques. Share ideas, lessons learned, and best practices. Network with peers. Preview the latest software and services from many vendors, including SCC Soft Computer.
You won't want to miss SNUG 2017, the 25th annual Soft Network Users Group Healthcare Information Technology Summit ®.
Mark your calendar now for SNUG 2017.
We want to see YOU on Clearwater Beach!
Click to download Save the Date Flyer - Coming Soon
Annual SNUG Conference-at-a-Glance
Renew old friendships and make new ones at the SNUG Welcome Reception.
Hear about SCC's "State of the Union" at the opening General Session and enjoy a keynote speaker to help you learn something new that you can bring back and share with your colleagues and change the way you look at life and how you handle stress in your daily life. You just might learn a new skill for working through stressful situations.
Week of Sessions:
4-5 days of informative breakout sessions and workshops, presented by both SCC staff members and SNUG delegates.
- Present a session yourself and share your knowledge with your colleagues!
- Present a poster session and discuss your topic with your colleagues one-on-one!
- Suggest a topic for a session you'd like to see at the conference.
Monday to Thursday:
Sit in the driver's seat in the SCC Hands-on Lab and try out SCC products configured for a multitude of networks and environments.
Tuesday morning, May 23th:
Actively participate in the special interest groups (SIGs) relevant to your site and influence future product development. All SIG sessions are scheduled for Tuesday.
Tuesday and Wednesday:
Attend a vendor expo/tradeshow that will feature the most practical SCC add-ons and third-party programs. When you tour the Vendor Fair booths at the SNUG Expo, you'll discover the latest in technological advancements.
Wednesday morning, May 24th:
Participate in the SNUG, Inc. Annual Business Meeting and vote for new SNUG officers.
Agenda - Preliminary SNUG 2017 Tracks
|General LIS||Blood Services||Genetics||Professional Skills|
|Managing Support using SCC Tools||Top 10 Support Topics||Upgrading SoftPath to SoftPathDx||Design Principles, creating professional documents|
|Navigating the SCC STAR System||New Features||Introduction to Genetics||Information Gathering|
|HIS Interfaces Basics||Interfacing SoftBank to Foreign EMR's||SoftPathDx: New Processing Screen||From George Orwell to Steve Jobs (2 hrs)|
|HIS Interfaces: Advanced MOM||Lab Services for SoftBank||Molecular Topic TBD||Advanced Excel Skills|
|Single Site to Multi Site||Optimize SoftBank System||SoftFlowCytometry|
|Back to Basics: Using the Call List to Keep Clients Happy Going Forward||Planning for SoftBank Projects||Genetics Topic TBD|
|Basic Calculations||SoftBI for SoftBank|
|New Test Building|
|SOFT ID/HIS Integration towards improved patient safety|
|Creative Rules in SoftMic|
|SoftPath Instrument Setup|
|AR Deep Dive|
|Reports – Basic|
|Reports – Advanced|
Would you like to present without doing a formal presentation? Then the Poster Session is for you!
Maximize your time at SNUG and check out the poster sessions presented by your colleagues and SCC staff members.
This showcase will give you the opportunity to engage in discussions with the researchers as they accompany their posters.
Do you have something you want to share or a topic you want to discuss, but don't have time to prepare a full-blown SNUG presentation? The SNUG poster sessions enable you to present in a one-on-one setting without having to present before a large group.
Information for the SNUG conference that may help you budget for this important learning & networking event. Click the links below for more information.
- Hotel Information
- Ground Transportation Information
- Exhibitor Information
- SNUG Information Sheet - Being Updated
- SNUG: ROI Why Attend? - Coming Soon...
- What's in it for my facility ... and me? - An outline of the benefits of SNUG membership and attending the annual conference. This document describes in a nutshell the return on investment that you, your department, and your facility will receive from your attendance. You can attach this to the memo you send with your request to attend SNUG 2017.
- Getting support from your supervisor - Coming Soon...
- how to justify why your manager or supervisor should send you to the 2017 SNUG Healthcare Information Technology Summit.
- Sample Memo to your supervisor - Coming Soon...
- a sample memo that you can use to show the ROI to your facility from your SNUG attendance
- Current and Archived Online Presentations Available for SNUG members only